The 2nd Annual Lost Chord Awards and Gathering by and for the Ritual, Sacred and Folk Arts
On June 2-3 2018 in a Weekend of Music, Magic, and Celebration
The Society for Ritual Arts will Present the 2nd Annual Lost Chord Award to
Margaret Davis and Kristoph Klover
The Society for Ritual Arts Lost Chord Award is the first and only interfaith award for spiritually-themed music in the world. It is awarded to an ensemble or solo artist who inspires awe and wonder and who has, also, contributed to the community in significant ways. The selection process takes about two years and is one that many artist/scholar peers have participated in, making this Award peer-to-peer.
**Where: Qalbu Maryam Womens Mosque,
2441 LeConte Avenue, Berkeley CA
(Please follow posted signs at Starr King School of the Ministry to the gathering)
Keynote: Stanley Krippner, Ph.D., Distinguished Scholar, Prof. at Saybrook University, SF, CA
Musical guests, Michael Mullen; Celtic rockers, Avalon Rising, and others, will grace our celebrations.
(Stay tuned for further announcements!)
The 2018 Festival will be hosted by 2018 Society President, Yeye Luisah Teish, and will reflect her Yoruba spiritual traditions.
For updates and the full schedule, please go here: http://societyforritualarts.com/schedule-for-gathering/
****Friday June 1****
* Marketplace Opens (garden)(free admission)
*Artist Gary Boodhoo invites all to experience his interactive Deep Dreaming art installation
* Noon: The Cafe The Prancing Pony will provide delicious treats! (by meal plan: available mid-April)
* Vendors will delight you with their wares
* Wine tasting in the lobby.
* Welcoming Luisah Teish with Raba Keeble, our Eos Scholars, Pauline Stangl, and Stacy Dulan welcome us in the traditions of Africa
* Shamanic Performance by Ivan Szendro
* Harp Concert: Margaret Davis, Diana Rowan
****Saturday June 2***:
* Marketplace Opens 10:30 AM (garden)
* Noon: The Cafe The Prancing Pony will provide delicious treats! ((by meal plan: available mid-April)
* Wine tasting in the lobby.
* Artist Gary Boodhoo invites all to experience his interactive Deep Dreaming art installation
* The Eos Scholars will Present their Research
* Welcoming Speeches
* The Lost Chord Awards Gala
The Passing of the Offices ritual
Keynote: Dr. Stanley Krippner
Music by Michael Mullen and others
Avalon Rising will get us dancing at the Awards Party!
http://societyforritualarts.com/ join us on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/societyforritualarts Twitter handle: @ForRitualArts
The Society for Ritual Arts is a 503c nonprofit organization.
Presented will be:
The Lost Chord Award: Margaret Davis and Kristoph Klover
Presented to a musician or musical ensemble who inspire awe and wonder at the Saturday Awards Gala.
The Eos Promising Scholar Award
Stacy Karis Dulan and Pauline Stangl
Presented to scholars at the dawn of their careers and who have not published previously in a peer reviewed journal. Scholars are selected by the staff and peer review team for papers submitted to Coreopsis Journal which exemplify excellence in research and writing.
The Life time Achievement Award (not announced in advance)
Presented to a scholar for his or her lifetime contribution to the field. http://societyforritualarts.com/information-and-registration-spring-festival-2018/
Qalbu Maryam Womens Mosque (View)
2441 LeConte Avenue, CA (Please follow posted signs to the gathering)
Berkeley, CA 94708
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: No|